Re: snippet from a california driving school

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 10:47:53 EDT

The courts keep record of it and notify the DMV...even if you don't have a
license. This prevents people from getting one in the first place.

Let me tell you from personal experience: (And i'm NOT proud of this either...I
was young and stupid.)

17 Counts of driving on a suspended license (14601.1a)
2 Counts of Exhibition of Speed (Bailey Road in San Jose)
1 Count of evading arrest (and did it....the cop knew me and came to my house
the next morning - we're still friends today though)
1 Count of Unsafe Start (Chirp'ed the tires off the start at a traffic light)
Numerous Speeding Tickets (That's what got my license suspended in the first
place)

All of these were from age 17 - 22. Take it from experience...you do NOT want
to get into something like this...let alone think that you're "above the law"
at that age group. It had costed me my driver's license for 3 years and
several thousands of dollars in fines...and 30 days in Elmwood "Correctional
Facility".

My driving record is now clean as a whistle (it takes 7 years to clear up in
CA) and haven't had any tickets since 1993.

- Bernd