Re: Warranty?

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 15:05:30 EDT

| "As the vehicle owner, you should also be aware that Chrysler
| Motors may deny your warranty coverage if your vehicle or a
| part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance or
| unapproved modifications."

That language is only there to try and scare away the consumer. In court,
the vagueness hurts them. They are gambling it won't get to court because
you won't see it through. And truth is it expensive. You need to find and
angle that will create bigger damages than just the repair inorder to pay
for the legal counsel. A violation of the federal act may do that, many
times the FTC stuff carries automatic penalties and punitive damages. But
it may be more difficult to find an attorney who is not scared sh*tless of
walking into a Federal Court. Its a whole different ballgame from our good
old boy corrupt state court systems.