Re: snippet from a california driving school

From: Miles Harris III (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 17:24:03 EDT

Street racing has the potential for the same major accidents as DUI for a
number of reasons.

First: You have speed.

Second: Street racing is usually done by young male drivers and like it or
not (if you are a young driver) their judgment is not always sound (the no
fear factor).

Third: There is a certain amount of male ego involved which can lead to
dangerous situations in close races. Of course if the driver is an old
geezer like me you still have the ego factor, "I can't let some young
whippersnapper beat me!" but my reflexes, no matter what I think, aren't
what they use to be.

Fourth: While you may be a great driver, the person you are racing may not
be a great driver (he could be me).

Add to that the other traffic on the road or at cross streets (at night you
have the potential for drunk drivers running lights and in the day you have
Moms, feeling instruct able, in their SUV's) and street racing is a disaster
waiting to happen. In many cases disaster's have happened.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA
01 CC