Re: DML Digest V4 #2766

From: bwnicks@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 17:32:46 EDT

> > Hey now. I have had my own problems with Chrysler Dealerships
> > as well. But it wasn't your trucks fault you lowered it and
> > put an obvious racing sticker in your window.
> > Ford and Chevy would have given you the same hell for
> > modifying the vechicle. I am all for making the sucker go
> > faster, but at the same time I expect to NOT get any warranty
> > work done. Plain and simple.
>
> > Hugs,

I'll have to disagree with you on this. My Dakota is modified a little, not much. Just JBA
headers and an open air cleaner. When it was still under warranty I'ld catch hell whenever I
took it in. Finally said to hell with it and did the work myself even if it was covered on
warranty.

My 96 Chevy Impala SS is modified a lot more than the Dakota as I show it and race it. While it
was under warranty the Chevy dealer never said anything about the mods. In fact one time while
the service manager was processing the paper work to get me a new rear end we were talking about
what I had ran at the strip the previous week end. Don't know how many Chevy dealers are like
this, but this one expects the high performance cars (Camaro, Vette, etc) he sells to be raced
and modified.

Bob