now:try this - was:hard starting

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 13:25:11 EDT

Here's just a thought, if it is indeed your fuel pump. I haven't been
following this thread, so it may have already been suggested or you may have
tried it. Anyway, after letting the truck sit a while, put the key in and
turn it to start-without actually cranking it. In other words, just wait a
couple seconds for the pump to do it's thing (you should be able to hear
it). Then repeat that a couple more times and try actually cranking it on
the third try. I would think that the pump, even if weak, would have pumped
enough to start the truck right up after doing that. If it does, then it's
probably the fuel pump. Someone out there know if this is a good test or
not???
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/