co-worker's 92 dodge ram 5.2 cutting out

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 15:59:43 EST

I now work with NTB and there are tons of cool people there. One, is my new
boss Rob. He owns a 92 dodge ram pickup with the 5.2 liter engine in it.

He says that at part throttle (at higher gears, like in OD) his car would
seem to miss and just stumble like someone disconnected the TPS sensor and
the computer just goes nuts or something. It's ONLY during very light
throttle positions that his ram will want to stumble and die.

He has informed me that he has had the plugs changed.
-new distrubutor (whole unit)
-new TPS
-new MAP
-new solinoids for the lockup converter
adn a couple other things. Does anyone have a 92ish dakota with the same
engine that is experiencing the same thing? He is looking into a new
computer module now, so even if anyone has a "left-over" computer for a 92
dakota or something that would be compatible on that 5.2L with auto tranny,
if they'd like to sell it? or do they make performace computers for that
year at all?

Give me some ideas, I told him about the almighty DML And it's vast
knowledge of these engines, but I'm stumped. I thought for a sec. that it
might be the Torque Converter, but if it were bad. it'd have the problem
occur ALL the time, right?
-Dester