Re: was:ok,I will just tell ya'll the story,NOW: my story!-PLEASE READ

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 22:47:09 EST

I opted for the 4.7L because of the "get it the way you want it" situation I
was in and because an 8-cyl will outlast a 4 or 6 cyl pulling around the
same truck.I like the curb appeal the 8-cyl brings to the truck.I don't just
have a compact,commuter truck,I have a hot-rod.I just don't prefer to use it
that way.I will probably get into some larger towing jobs in the next year
or so.I'm not necessarily scared to rev the engine,I have just never found
it necessary.I shift at 2000 or a little less.The mileage is surprising,but
great! I do as good as I would in a 6-cyl truck! I think the 3.55 gears
would help me out, but I like a low-geared truck,and I don't drive fast
enough to warrant the higher axle gears anyway.I should probably be driving
a diesel,based on my driving habits,maintenance schedule,and driving
schedule, but since there's no US diesel-powered daks, guess I'll just have
to settle getting 29 mpg out of my mopar hemi-V8 engine!! I have considered
trying to swap in an NV-4500 transmission,but until the NV-3500 gives any
sign of trouble,no need to mess with success! Thanks for the comments,Will