Buttonwillow Raceway Autox

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 00:18:55 EST

Just got back from two days at Buttonwillow with my Dak and my wife in her
2000 Intrepid ES.

It ROCKED!!!

We ran two days on the East Loop. They set up offsets, chicanes, and
slaloms to slow you down to Solo II speeds. I still got up to 75 mph. And
was running 71's on the 1.2 mile course in the dry. That's a little more
than a 60mph average diving through lane change manueavers and slaloms!

Unbelievable rush. They tried to preserve the character of the road course
while managing our speeds using the obstacles to keep it safe for street
vehicles.

My DAK stormed. The best I have ever done relative to the field. I beat a
lot of sports cars. I even beat one E-Street Prepared Camaro SS, that's an
SS with springs, koni's, sways, intake mods, chip, exhaust, big wheels, and
R tires. Dusted him..... Kinda embarrassing.

BTW-I recorded a 1.12 instaneous lateral G during a high speed offset
manueaver.

Steve Ekstrand
2000 Dakota Club Cab 4.7 Auto Dark Garnet
3.92 SG Quick D intake with air hat removed
Gibson Dual rear exit catback/Gibson Monza tips
305-50-15 Euro T/A's (80's Lamborghini Countach rear tire size!)
(Now I need flares! They stick out 7/8th of an inch more than stock)
180F Thermostat (Robertshaw Perf 330-180)
Bosch +4's (4418) Jet Chip Stage II