RE: Z Tube installed

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 13:58:57 EST

I think with the S&B filter you get a better flow dynamics than K&N version.
Top of the cone is correcting the air flow as the surrounding cone is
pulling in the air. These cones are already delivery over 1200CFM or
better. More than able for our likes.

Looking at the tube, it can be fabricate at what cost I have not done enough
investigation as of yet. Example is the pipe bending machine is priced at
199.00 and the welding as to be done by someone else. I can see some quick
modifications being made to add the additional heat shield (bracket arm) and
to keep it under the K&N price. Another quick change is the silicon hose to
the TB. Looks to cheap and can be replace with a Honda version that will
add more value for looks.

Already with the tube on, I can give kudos for John's work. Now for that new
billet TB and intake.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA