Re: Re: new 270hp S-10

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 17:24:26 EST

Sorry Bernd, apparently in my editing i left out the comment that said
something to the effect of me not knowing anything about the lightning
engine--meant to be more humble in my last post. if i had time right now i'd
follow up what i'm saying with all the goodies they put on the 4.7L
not-to-be-outdone by your description of the lightning engine.

One thing i will say is that the lightning is still not special because it
doesn't take advantage of it's little goodies in it's inherent design,
unlike my 4.7L. You can put go-parts on any stock engine, but unless it's
designed into the block, it's not that amazing to me. You come back and tell
me that the 5.4 is not the same as in other ford trucks and it was
design-specific to that application, then i'll agree with you. But it
wasn't, and i won't. =P

Thanks for the discussion. I didn't know about the upgraded internals.
(makes me wonder why it doesn't push more--yeah yeah, it's going to, blah
blah blah)

Sean Bruckman