Skeptical about the new 270hp S-10

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 22:45:02 EST

I have a question concerning this future s-10.. That 4.8L v8.. I know that
the 5.3Ls are are rated 285hp or so, but they are real dogs as a race motor,
unlike our 360's and 318's. Remembering that stroke and bore combinations,
not only cubic inches, makes a motor great power, street, and strip, or
towing, the 5.3 is a great towing workhorse. I don't know anything much
about the 4.8L, but the new Vortec motors are not much for racing. If they
stuffed in a 5.7 LS-1 or something, then we can be scared. I know those are
a threat to a lot of us. Not to dog the chebby, *my dad makes the
Cavalier/Sunfire* but How much of a threat is that new 4.8? Is it a mean
motor for towing, or for racing? Anyone can claim 270 hp in a truck, but
also the size of the s10 is changing, more toward Dak territory. That means
it'll be heavier/slower that a current 00' s10. Just because you stuff a
v8 into a compact truck doesn't mean you'll have a R/T killer. Lessee some
1/4 mile numners before we all get scared and blow 3 grand and stuff in a
Kenne Bell supercharger...
I love my Dak, and it is among the fastest rwd's in my town, but I am
skeptical about this new s10.

Mopar or Nocar!
Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab 4X4, V-8 Magnum
Tearing up North Dakota!
Autolite 3924's MSD 6AL/Blaster 2/SuperConductor wires
K&N filter, Mopar Performance P4876138 High-Performance computer, Mopar
Performance exhaust, Magnum polished valve covers, P255-70R-15 BFG Radial
T/A's
'BAD AD2D' License plates:)
The SlickBlackDak :)
Sure Grip diff maybe soon!
'PROZAK' on the drawing board...(10-sec strip stormer/street bruiser!)