warning lights/speedo prob

From: Rob M (robmrtn@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 02:01:44 EST

Hello...

My truck is a 99 Dakota CC 4x4, V8, auto. This problem first happened
last night, then again today on the way home from work.
I am driving along, everything fine, then the Air Bag and ABS warning
lights come on, the dash 'chimes' a few times and sometimes the speedo
or tach or both drop to zero. Truck is still running, hit the gas and
it accelerates, but gauges dont move. This lasts for a few seconds then
goes back to normal. The last time it did it a message came up where my
odometer is, said "no bus" then the check engine light came on. I
assume that means it is losing the connection to the computer?? I dont
know, in a few seconds everything was back to normal. I checked
everything out tonight, had the truck running, wiggled all kinds of
cables hoping to find a loose one but I didnt find anything.

Has anyone else had this problem or anything simular or have any ideas
what is wrong??
Oh, I tried to get the trouble codes but I didnt get any. I turned the
ignition on while holding in the trip odometer/reset button. It did all
the light tests and moved the gauges (cool!) but didnt give me any
trouble codes.

thanks for any help/ideas
Rob.