Re: scrapyard magnum engine prices?

From: David Chester (nonlabel@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 23:51:35 EST

on 10/29/2000 11:56 PM, Pukeloser@aol.com at Pukeloser@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know what the scrapyards are charging for the magnum 5.2/5.9
> engines. I am starting the "bore and stroke" project and I figure I'll just
> buy a used motorto build and then just take a day or two to swap it in. Also,
> will any of the 5.9 magnums (from Rams or Daks) bolt right up to my '95 Dak
> mounts? I'm guessing yes but a little confirmation would ease my mind.
> I checked out the online catalog at manciini racingand saw the crank I need
> but didn't see any "complete engine kits" for a bore and stroke project. I'm
> gonna try to call them on monday but if anyone knows of a kit, let me know.
>
> JOHN

John,

When I totaled my 93 Dakota, they told me the salvage value was 1200
dollars. I'm assuming that a major portion of that was assumed to be the
engine and transmission, as the whole right side of the truck is wrecked. I
have been thinking of selling MY 5.2 V8, and I was thinking between 1000
and 1200 for a price. I will probably advertise it soon, locally, and I'll
let you know how it goes.

-- David Chester
   Albuquerque NM
   92 Spirit RT