Electrical noise in radio cured...read how...

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 00:07:53 EST

Hey everyone,
About 3 months ago I installed my Alpine CD player and Infinity Kappa
speakers, I have had feedback and what sounded like ignition noise ever
since. I wasn't impressed, at the cost of my equipment I want crystal clear
sound, not hissing during quiet portions of songs. Well, I tried lots of
things to cure this and nothing helped. Well, I gave up on it. Then I went
to address a different problem I was having. The truck would miss and not
run on all 8 cylinders after splashing through a puddle, well my wires are
original date coded 1995 wires. So I picked up a set of Belden lifetime
warranted wires (I couldn't afford nice wires right now) and performed the
wire rerouting TSB, I didn't have a spark knock problem but what can it hurt?
 I was pleasantly surprised to find that my radio interference was GONE,
guess I killed 2 birds with one stone. I also replaced my Accell U-grove
plugs with Autolites at the same time (3923's) so maybe my Accell plugs were
causing feedback, who knows. Mileage on a 1000 mile trip was 17.1 with a
fairly heavy right foot. I really can't complain, and that GTP (supercharged
3.8) met his match when he tried to pass me on the right while weaving in and
out of traffic. Up next: 52mm Ported Throttle Body.

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, A-518 / 46RE 3.55 geared Peg
Leg 8 1/4, 31 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa
Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!