Sorry everyone for being kinda hard to reach lately..

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 06:42:52 EST

As a few of you know, I am kind of a one man company. Well, okay....my dad
helps me drop off parts, and he is the head of the hose cutting department.
What has made it rough lately is that I just went back to work. I am now a
Home Depot Hardware loco. I have been busting my butt.......crazy hours,
closing at midnight, then opening at 6am......and in between doing emails. I
usually get about 3 hours of sleep. It SUCKS!!!!!
I actually lost money going back to work.......but I had to do it. I am not
getting any younger, and I needed benefits, and some sort of future security.

I have been giving it my all........trying to do what ever it takes for
them. I was getting kinda discouraged by the whole thing......almost walked
out a few times. I never sleep, never get to play with my truck.........all
you guys were getting pissed off at me.......and I was going broke trying to
survive off what they paid me.
Well, today.......one of my best friends......actually one of the managers at
work, called me and told me that my name was brought up for possibly the next
round of promotions. It was suggested by one of the managers that I thought
didnt like me. But I guess he has just been keeping an eye on me. He needs
to feel guilty for hiring me at such a low rate......
It felt good knowing that someone had noticed all that I have been
doing.......
It probably wont happen tomarrow.......but I had hoped for it to happen
within a year........I have only been there 5 mos......so I figure I am kind
of ahead of schedule.
If I get the promotion.........pack up the trucks.........Party at Quick D
headquarters!!!

I know this isnt D related.......but you guys are the only friends I talk to
on a regular basis. No one else can ever get a hold of me....

so I guess the point of the story is......
please be patient with me.......I am really trying. I will never skip out,
you all have the #s to my house, and the address to my parents house where we
have lived for almost 30 years. I am now shipping everything out priority
mail insured and with confirmation. UPS was killing me.......over $1000 a
month. I dont even make that much at the depot. So now it takes about 3
days for it to arrive once its shipped. And I usually only ship on my day
off from the depot. Which means hopefully within a week of getting your
letter. TBs tend to take a bit longer. Dan is just as busy as I
am.........So he usually ships me a batch of TBs every two weeks, then they
make their way to my house on the west coast from MN, then I package them up
and add all the goodies........then they ship out to their new homes.
okay....its almost 4am, and I have 600 emails to go through.....

I vote the DML should get a message board like the DOC. All these emails
everyday is murder.
I am hoping to put up a message board on my site......we ll see.

take care and stay safe,
Tony