RE: PCM Flash and speed limiter question

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 12:01:16 EST

That flash basically retarded your timing by about 4º. Not a good thing but
that's what DC is doing to correct the pinging problem. Your speed limiter
may have been changed to 95 as well. There are remedies for this because
but they can be expensive. Re-programming your PCM can be done to make it
perform better but the cost will be ~$500. When you do that, the speed
limiter will be set to 254. Even if you could go that fast your rev limiter
will stop you long before that. Your pinging will probably return. You
will need to use premium gas (92+ octane). You may or may not need to:

1) change to a cooler t-stat (180º)
2) change to a colder plug (Autolite 3923's)

Before I had my PCM re-flashed (a little late now, I'm afraid), I would
have done those things along with a different intake, TB, and exhaust
system. Your engine needs to breathe, especially in Colorado, where the air
is thinner (assume you live at a high altitude).

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile