RE: Re: max ride height in Maryland

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 19:17:39 EST

Darn Tree Huggers.....

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Kyle Kozubal
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 6:00 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: max ride height in Maryland

> Come on guys i have a whiney roll mill tech that
> is pestering me to findout the max ride height for a
> 4*4 in Maryland somebody has to know this off hand
> Thank you in advance

Frank,
Taken directly from "Lift Laws", Page 132 Peterson's 4Wheel & Off-Road
December 200 Issue:
Maryland:"No trucks or multipurpose vehicles with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or
less can be taller than 28 inches. A truck beyond 10,000 pounds- but not
more than 18,000 pounds- can go beyond 30 inches(you Excursion owners just
made it into that first grouping under the wire). Lift more than those 30
inches, and you'll be ticketed and/or given a Safety Equipment Repair
Order(SERO) to fix the violation."
Hope this helps. If not, just contact your nearest State Police headquarters
and they will tell you.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6