RE: Reckless Driving...was Fuel Injector cleaner vs. A good old fashion road trip(good story)-Dumb

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 21:45:57 EST

> Listen...most of us, at some point in our youthfull lives
> have done something
> like this...I'll admit to a few times at 130+ on a lonesome
> (but very curvy)
> highway at 2am (12 years ago!). But most of us have also
> outgrown this and
> have learned from our mistakes in the past.
>
> Should he be banned from the list? Of course not. If
> someone's friend was
> killed because of a similar situation, I feel for you and am
> sorry for your
> loss, but life goes on though.
>
> Is it right what he did (even "claiming" that his daddy is the police
> chief)...HELL NO. If I was his dad (and I am a dad at
> that)...well...they
> sometimes referred to it as a "Good Fanny Tanning". The
> truck should be
> disabled for at least 2 months and his drivers license taken
> away for that
> amount of time. If his daddy is the Police Chief, a
> complaint should be
> filed. (Ever heard of setting an example.)
>
> Anyway...not to ramble on about this "issue", let's all just
> let it go. What's
> done is done and can't be changed. If it happens again,
> hopefully the truck
> will be wrecked in the process but (god forbid) no one gets
> hurt in the process.
>
> (If it were one of my kids, and I found out about it...no
> more truck - PERIOD.)
>
> - Bernd

I have the agree with you Bernd. We either eventually grow up or get killed.
My dad was a Police Officer and did hand me off to the authorities for what
I did AFTER administering HIS brand of justice(and was found guilty, and
took it like a man and did my time). Yes the lesson was very much learned.
Being a parent myself my kids (11 & 13)do know that I too will pull no
punches. I too am just as guilty of the stoplight to stoplight runs, maybe a
high-speed blast down a highway. We all are. We are human and are prone to
doing stupid things at one point or another. Some get lucky and live another
day, most don't. Hopefully the kid will smarten up before he too learns the
hard way. Remember eventually the odds will not rule in his favor and he's
gonna have to pay the piper. Do you feel lucky? That's all I have to say..

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886