NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:19:42 EST

Agreed?

I would just as soon not be on the DML and work on my website more. If i
need help with anything, i already know who the experts are and i could
contact them off-list.

Some of you who have this holier-than-thou attitude are more immature than
someone who would take risks while driving. Personally, I find that I am not
the end-all source of information for the world, so i keep my mouth shut
sometimes. Some of you need to do the same.

I have been trying to get people interested in the INDY/CHI meet, but thanks
to personal attacks being thrown around about street-racing, i'm not sure
we'll get along. The guy who made the mistake of telling this list he was
speeding and one of the people who flamed him will be there. What's supposed
to happen now? I don't think there will be a problem, but actions like this
could have caused a major one considering 2 people are 33% of the people
that will be at this first, semi-annual meet!

As for racing through chicago at night? I wouldn't recommend it first of all
for the inordinate amount of pigs. (there are pigs and there are cops, don't
get me wrong, i like cops. =) It's not the fact that he was speeding that
gets me mad, speeding doesn't kill, violating the laws of physics do. I've
been thinking about that as i drive and it's so true. (speeding in the wrong
place can cause you to violate the laws of physics!) Our friend just has to
learn, as i did, that you can't get carried away when you make a post to the
list because it's so easy to exaggerate. He also has to learn that even if
you don't exaggerate, people will look at it in the worst possible light and
repeat it until everyone thinks it's fact!! The guy said he maxed out at 108
mph. He also said he ran some red lights and stop signs. He didn't say he
ran red lights and stop signs at 108 you fucking idiots! That would be a
death wish, everyone knows it... When you max at 108, you probably drive
80-90 MAX for most of the trip.

Whew... now if someone flames me that's going to be it. It's my damn opinion
, and if you don't like it i don't care and you're probably stupid for not
understanding what i'm really saying here.

Sean Bruckman

P.S. so much for a one word message body.