Got my Mopar Performance PCM!!!!!!!!!

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 21:49:05 EST

I was tinkering around the truck and the curiosity got the best of me. The
dealer trying to set up an appointment to have my PCM installed and get my
broken stuff fixed. The service guy who answered the phone said that they
may not have to flash the PCM. So, I installed the thing just to kind of
get an idea of what the lil silver box with the very serious looking
connectors would do. Well, well, well.......damn......It does
work.....better throttle response, even idles like it has more power,
reduced dead spot. The only problem is that the brake and the ABS light
lights up after about 3 minutes after start up. I guess the dealer will
have to flash this thing. Does anyone know if it will do any harm in
keeping this unit installed until I get it into the dealer for the other
problems? Has anyone been this adventurous or um stupid as to do what I
did? Thanks for any input!!!

Mike G.
Colorado
1999 4x4 CC SLT 5.2 Auto