Re: (B)ooHoo!! Billet TB Installed

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 01:38:25 EST

Bernd-

I'm glad you like the new TB. I agree with you that it is a well made piece
of gear.

I'm anxious as hell to see *your* numbers, though, because I just got back
from the dyno myself, tonight. I did a before and after, and I gotta tell
you, the numbers have got me flummoxed. I'll let Bruce give 'em a look-see
before I post them, and see what he has to say.

Here's what *my* plan consisted of:

1). Kick myself in the ass for not having dyno'd the truck stock, before
K&N GenII, Mesa headers & cat, MagnaFlow, MSD 6A, Accel Coil, Magnecor
wires, and 3923s. (work in progress)

2). Remove and thoroughly clean the stock TB & IAC, run a tank of gas with
fuel injector cleaner to empty. (DONE)

3). Start with a fresh tank of gas, dyno with all mods so far, with the
stock TB. (DONE, DynoJet 248c 10/25)

4). Install the F&B, reset the 'puter, run a tank of gas through it.
(DONE)

5). Start with a fresh tank of gas (same 91 octane, from the same station),
dyno with all mods so far, with the F&B. (DONE, same DynoJet 248c 11/2)

6). Celebrate.

I haven't gotten to step 6 yet.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4