31" BFG's on a 4x4 Gen II

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 03:29:46 EST

In a message dated 11/1/00 1:10:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RChapell@rlps.com writes:

> I have a 95 Dak very similar to yours. I was wondering what kind of
> clearance you have with the 31" BFG's. These are the tire that I want to go
> with next but I was not sure whether I would have the room for them. Also
> with the 31's did you notice much of a power loss. I have the 5.2L also so
> am not as worried about that. Thanks in Advance.

The BFG Mud Terrains are larger then the A/T's by about an 1/16 of an inch
according to BFG's site, as far as I can tell they are the LARGEST 31 10.50
made ( with the exception of TSL Swampers), all tires vary some throughout
brands. I have to say I LOVE these tires, they look KILLER. The tires
really make the truck and I've had TONS of compliments on them. They're VERY
quiet for a mud tire, and they work incredible in the woods, not to mention
they also wear well for a Mud tire. They do rub on a 4x4 Gen II though.
I'll tell you where... They rub on the very front frame cross member while
turned all the way to lock, it's not bad, and you don't even notice it inside
the truck unless you're listening for it, I didn't realise it until they had
polished my frame :o) I have had mine rub the wheel well twice on the back
corner, but both times I was bouncing it HARD with the wheels turned, it
didn't do any dammage, I just heard it rub a little. If you're looking for
an agressive lookng tire that wears decent and works incredible, go for it,
you won't be dissapointed.

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, A-518 / 46RE 3.55 geared Peg
Leg 8 1/4, 31 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa
Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!