Re: Rainbow not withstanding...

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 20:40:55 EST

steve318@webtv.net (Steve Preston) wrote:
>Ah,but if you`ll remember Dave,sometimes the needs of the one outweigh
>the needs of the MANY! (James Tiberius Kirk) Captain,USS
>Enterprise (same movie?) The one where Spock was nuked in a valiant
>effort to save his ship (which he did) Steve P.

I don't think this thread could get any farther off topic, but as a
Trek fan, I'd like to clear this one up. :-) In "Star Trek II: The
Wrath of Khan", Captain Spock saved the Enterprise from the Genesis
device by manually aligning the dilithium crystals. Exposed to
extreme radiation and dying, Spock told Kirk, "The needs of the many
outweigh the needs of the few", to which Kirk replied, "Or the one".
In "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock", after Spock's khatra was
retrieved from McCoy's mind and reunited with Spock's body, which was
retrieved from the Genesis planet, Kirk told Spock that sometimes the
needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many.

DML content: Now if I could just get the dilithium crystals aligned
properly in my 5.9 I might pick up a few tenths.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html