New 52mm TB on!!! Woo hoo!!!!! Up next...

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 03:50:27 EST

I just thought I'd bring the DML up to speed on my TB upgrade. I got a heck
of a deal from a gentleman on the list for a 52mm (stock is 50) ported TB for
my V-8 Dak (thanks again!). I got it for $150 including shipping. It
arrived today so in my spare time this afternoon I went to work and bought a
can of carb clean to clean out the intake tract before I installed my new TB.
 So I empried an entire can of carb clean (aerosol type) into the intake
while it was running to get things all cleaned up. I was very pleased with
how well it worked! When I pulled my stock TB the intake was actually shiny
and aluminum colored inside, geez this stuff works good. After switching on
MAP sensor and TPS onto the new TB I bolted it on and reset the computer.
Taking the truck for a hot lap I was very impressed even with close to 1000
lb of shi... stuff in the bed it broke the tires free all to easily he he!
I'm very happy with it! Now I just need to stay out of the go pedal so I can
still get kinda OK mileage. Up next... Headers and Y-pipe and complete 3"
exhaust, Mopar Performance computer, 1.7 ratio Roller rockers, MSD Digital 6+
ignition and 8.5mm wires, and then a M-1 intake. I'm gonna go 15's in my 4x4
darn it! Maybe faster once I get my 8 3/4 in and use my spare 4.56 or 4.30
geared spool equipped 8 3/4 3rd member at the track hehe, geez that will make
gear swaps quick and painless!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!