Re[4]: Rifle Rack

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 10:19:20 EST

Larry,
Thanks for the input and we probably have the same law in Mass... The only
time I would actually have a rifle in the rack is when I'm up hunting in
Vermont. The nice thing about VT is that there is no law against storing guns
in the back window during hunting season and I have never heard of anybody
stealing guns out of the rack. And if they followed me back to camp they would
be in for one hell of a surprise from the rest of the guys! :-)

I was looking at the visor type mounts and I do like them but I thought this
would be an easier solution.

Just surfing around on the net, Cabela's has suction cup mounted racks that
look like the perfect compromise but I wonder if they will be strong enough?
I'd hate to hit a bump and have the rifle come tumbling down!
Tom