Bummer @ work

From: Tanner Sammons (etsammons@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 14:21:29 EST

I just have to vent a little. Yesterday at work, we had some "professional"
painters come in to paint our facilities. They have been there for a couple
of weeks now. Anyway, they were painting the supports for our outside
overhead crane and the overspray carried a little farther than they
anticipated. Needless to say, 20 feet away, on the other side of the
chainlink fence and an old railroad container were a few vehicles, my 4 mos.
old 00' QC Dak. Well I had a Patriot Blue SLT+ 4x4, now I have a Patriot
Blue SLT+ 4x4 w/ YELLOW accents.

The painting company wants to send us to some shop to have the paint
removed. They say they use this shop all the time... This tells me they
don't take the proper precautions to have vehicles moved prior to painting a
lot.You would think they would learn. I am not too sure that I want some
shop that no one has heard of trying to get this paint off of my truck. I
guess I will let them try and then if they mess up the paint I will be
ordering another Dak and they will have a QC work truck for their paint
business, as they will be buying my dak from me and giving me replacement
value towards a new Dak.

Sorry this is sooo long, but I would like to have anyones opinion/advice on
this subject if you have some ideas. Oh yeah, there were around 20 vehicles
involved, five or so were pretty bad and they are the newer vehicles, though
not as new as my baby.

Thanks,
Tanner