Scan Tool for OBDll

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 16:05:09 EST

Well, I have the dreaded CHECK ENGINE light come on, and
I've got a '98 318 4x2 CC Looking for anyone in So Calif
that has a scan tool that can read the 'puter, and reset the
light. It came on about 1200 miles ago, and a disconnect the
battery reset worked, but now it's back, and I guess it's something.
 Just turned 42,500 mi now, and I wonder if there is a light that
comes on regardless, just to get ya into the dealer. It was bad enough
takeing it in for the brakeline recall, and hopeing they woulden't
"flash a upgrade" into the 'puter while it was in there. I don't need
a flash, just got 19.9mpg @80mph on a 1,000 mi camping trip this last
week. No pinging either, I have the autolites 3923 in there.
  If nobody has a scan tool I could borrow, what about the club
pooling some $ together to buy one of the good ones, Auto X-ray runs
about $450, and it will reset the lights.

Mike
 Los Angeles, CA

'98 CC 318 auto LSD 3.55axle R&H package cab-hi shell.

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might