Timing Question - 98 5.2 5spd with supercharger

From: tonyc (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 18:16:46 EST

Well I got the supercharger and cam in. Runs pretty good. I set the timing
conservatively as the manual says to refer to the sticker under the hood and
the sticker says to refer to the manual (which hasn't made it in yet).

Does anyone know what the initial timing is on a stock 98 5.2 5spd 3.90s?

Can anyone recommend what to set it at with the following mods headers,
Vortech 9psi unit, 266/270 duration (advertised) 214/218 @ .050, .520/.544
lift.?

Also can you let me know what you're running your retard at per psi?

Is anyone running a chip with their supercharger? (I know I should go for
the MP computer, BUT they aren't making them for the 5spds - low demand)

Thanks
Tony

98 Black Std Cab Short Bed Sport, 5.2, 5spd, 3.9 LSD, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch, Hooker Headers, Calvert Trac Bars, Jet Chip(temporarily
removed pending strip tests), stiffened rear
springs, M/T 28x8.5 slicks 9.245 @ 72.78 1/8. Just completed install of a
Vortech S/C, Hughes cam, roller rockers.