Re: RE: How to price my Dak?

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 19:24:37 EST

At 07:08 PM 11/4/00, you wrote:
>Yeah, I included the Blue Book numbers in my post. I don't really know if
>this is a number that people actually use in the real world. Is it normal to
>sell at blue book, or do people generally expect a discount from blue book
>value?

Look inward, Grasshopper. If you were buying, would you pay full value or
want to get it for less? Did you pay full list price when you bought it?
Selling a car is a contest between how long you are willing to sit on it
vs. how bad somebody wants to buy it. If you are willing to hold on to it
long enough you might get lucky and find somebody who wants it bad enough
to pay full blue book value. Otherwise...you can always *ask* full bb
value, but be willing to settle for less. How much less? How big of a hurry
are you to get rid of it?

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"George Bush is the worst candidate. He is a corporation
running for office, disguised as a person."~Ralph Nader