Re: RE: KILLERDAK goes Rockcrawling to TELLICO! report....

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:43:08 EST

I HAD to share this story I posted to the 4x4 group about this weekend...!

In a message dated 11/6/00 9:56:04 AM, steveo@celito.net writes:

<< I'll let Dave tell you about how he got stuck halfway up 11... >>

HA! I almost forgot about that one! Yeah, that's a good one...I was working
my way around a rock by hugging the ravine wall at a pretty steep side angle,
sideways and pointed up....my engine stalled so I mash the e-brake (under the
dash) to hold the truck so I can restart....at that point the truck jerks
hard and locks up my seat belt...TIGHT...I restart but can't get the truck to
go forward because the brake is mashed hard...and I CANT REACH THE RELEASE
because the seatbelt had me pinned tight against the seat! Steve walks back
to see whats taking me so long...I had to have him reach in the truck and
release my e-brake for me so I could move!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4.10, 4" susp/2" Body lift, 33" MT's etc...