RE: Mystery Reservoir?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 10:58:03 EST

Boy! That is strange.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC
760-725-2506 (DSN 365-2506)
Work:mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
Home:mailto:saint1958@home.com

 -----Original Message-----
From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu [mailto:fawcett@uism.bu.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 3:58 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Mystery Reservoir?

Strange thing happened today. I swapped out my 180 t-stat. for a Robert
Shaw
195 stat to see what, if any, effect if would have on gas mileage.

Taking the upper return hose off, pulling the old stat and popping the
radiator
cap spilled about 3/4's of a gallon of fluid (according to the buckets on
the
ground)... I go to top it off after I'm done replacing the stat and it will

only take 1 quart. The overflow/reserve tank is just were it was when I
started. I go for about a 20 mile drive, run the heater the whole way and
check the fluid levels when I get home... Everything says it's topped off
and
there was no change from before I left and the engine was pegged on 195
during
the entire drive.

So what gives? I should be at least 2 quarts low but I'm not... Hmmmmm.
Tom