RE: RE: DML

From: Miles Harris III (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 15:06:03 EST

I agree with Bernd (be a fool not to). In the grand scheme of things I would
think it would be wise to change your oil and filter with-in the boundries
of 3K to 7 or 8K. The oil and filter is relatively cheap compared to the
cost of replacing or rebuilding an engine.

On a related (somewhat) story my friends dad had an 60's Dodge Dart with the
old slant six. He never changed his oil. Rather he had one of those Frantz
(not sure of the spelling) remote filter canisters and whenever the oil
started to show a little dirt he would just change the filter, a roll of
toilet paper. He swore by the process and the car lasted at least ten years
(the last time I saw him), however, I wouldn't recommend never changing your
oil, but just changing filters. It is just an example of how important
keeping the oil clean is to the long life of the engine.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA