Need help with V6 exhaust quick fix

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 05:39:59 EST

Hey everybody,

Is anyone running their V6 with no muffler?

I had an accident getting firewood and managed to pull my exhaust apart (a
personal first...yet one more thing I can add to the Stupid Things I That
Don't Impress Women list). It pulled apart at the y-pipe before the cat. To
get that together I need to pull apart the one joint that is still good, one
right before the muffler. I can't manage to do what the cable fence did so
easily, so I'm desperately thinking I should just cut the muffler off for
now...

Any help is appreciated...Gaining performance is secondary to not getting
pulled over (it's all dumping right after the Y-pipe now and its hella loud)
I would rather not loose power, though, if I can help it...

Thanks,
Mike S.
93 V6