New Battery Hardware

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 20:18:30 EST

Well after taking my battery cables on and off over the years, the clamps
finally gave up on me and dont clamp down on the posts 'that' tight anymore.
They are rigged up now with some washers and such, so they will work till I
have the new parts. Basically I think the lead clamps just streched and
really got beat up pretty bad over the years and recently the wires started
to pull back out of the clamps a bit. So before any further damage was done
and corrosion started down the cables, I ordered some items.
I did all my purchases through Wrangler Power Products, they are great on
the phone and very helpful. Check them out for anything needed electrically
at http://www.wranglernw.com/
Here is what I ended up ordering:
-1 Military Top Terminal Negative Clamp(34-003N)
-1 Military Top Terminal Postive Clamp(34-003P)
-4 of the 6gauge 'Mega Lug' Ring Terminals
-4 of the 4gauge 'Mega Lug' Ring Terminals
-4 of the 10gauge Heavy Duty Lug Ring Terminals
-Plenty of shrink tubing for everything needed above

Removal of the positive/negative battery cables are going to be alot easy
after I get these on.
When I do the upgrade/fix, I am going to pull the battery out, take off my 2
side posts which I use for all my auxil. wiring needs, and completely clean
the top off with good ole baking soda/water. I also picked up a terminal
post cleaning tool and some battery 'anti-corrosion gel'.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6