Re: Busting spark plugs!!!

From: Mark Jackson (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 22:39:45 EST

> My question is when this happens do you still have the round metal heat
> shields in place?

I broke 4 of the 8 that I replaced. The head shield was still in place.

And if you do, how do you get all the broken pieces out
> before replacing the new plugs? (If you don't have an air compressor)

A vacuum cleaner works wonders. Use the smallest attachment you have.

> Won't it be easier to replace plugs without these heat shields?

It seemed like it would be. I didn't check to see if or how the shields
were removable. They made it more complicated coming out than going in.