Got my check from Firestone! (Recall Reimbursement)

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 23:31:07 EST

Since most (all) of you didn't know how I came about having my 31x10.50
Radial Mud Terrain's, I'll give you a little back ground. When I bought my
Dakota earlier this summer it had 4 235/75/15 Kelly Safari AWR's on it, the
rears had 75% tread, but the fronts were at about 10% no one had ever rotated
them. BUT the truck had a BRAND new Goodyear Wrangler AT spare, so I moved
the Kelly's up to the front, remounted the spare on a chrome wheel and put it
on the rear, and I was going to buy another new Goodyear, but they aren't
made anymore, so I bought a Dunlop Radial Rover R/T. I ran these tires for
about 5,000 miles, in fact they were on my truck at C@C. Then about 2 months
ago I bought a Toyota truck that had 4 of the recalled Firestones on it, they
weren't down to the wear bars but they were close, they were still
technically usable. So I bought the BFG's for my truck, put my tires off my
Dakota on the Toyota (now it has an almost new set of tires) and turned in
the tires to firestone. They intern cut me a check for $400 to pay me for
the BFG's I put on my truck. I was very happy to get the check today! Woo
Hoo, just thought I'd share while I enjoy my BFG's that I paid $183 out of
pocket for!!!!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!