RE: Re: Finally got my Dak

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 00:26:12 EST

As far as the 4.7 redline goes, who's to say? I have an '01 and don't have
a redline on my 5-spd, but I looked a a few 2000 4.7 trucks for an idea.
They yellowed at 5500 and redlined at 6k. I've bounced mine cautiously off
the rev-limiter and mine is dead-nuts-on 6000 revs. The new dashes don't
have water temps, oil pressures, redlines, .... the speedo's likely the next
to go. Damn soccer moms. If you indicate that the engine can go too fast
for its own good, then people will worry, so we won't. Unless you're an
avid double-clutcher like myself, you never have to worry about it anyway.
Just remember (with the 3.55 anyway) that 3rd is only a bad idea above 80 or
so when you're trying to pass grandma on the freeway.

Crit