Re: Re: Blower and MAP Valve - UPDATE

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 16:45:47 EST

I'll be drawing up a schematic later on tonight. But here's the how and why:

How:

>From the MAP port on the TB, install a 3-way vacuum "T" with a one-way check
valve before the "T" and a one-way check valve (reversed) on the side of the
"T". The other side of the "T" goes to the MAP sensor.

What happens is under normal vacuum (no boost) the MAP receives a normal signal.
 Under boost the reversed check valve will bleed off boost to the atmosphere
there by removing the 30.8" reading from the MAP when under boost.

Yes...30.8" of vacuum...we tested this on a '99 Supercharged R/T as well as my
Supercharger V6....if you don't believe me, i'll send you the active (recorded)
log files from the runs.

I've put together a temporary system but will re-vamp it tonight to better fit
cosmetically.

- Bernd