Re: Speaker Placement Idea...

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 21:20:50 EST

DDDrive? Who are those made by? What is the power rating of your infinity
amp? What is the power rating of your separates? You have to determine
what the load is that you are putting on the amp,(4ohm 2ohm) by lowering the
ohms on the amp, you increase the output if the amp is built to be stable at
a 2ohm load.
Would you run the Tweets and the 5.25DDDs off one set of channels and the
Coaxial off the other set of channels? I think you may be complicating the
system and may end up with worse sound. You will have no way to keep your
sound stage to the front. Again about the separates you have.....I have
never heard of them, maybe the quality of those are holding back your entire
system. Just a thought......you may not even hear your tweets with that
type on config. You have a good building block with your Infinity amp,
gotta love those 5 channel units. What year is your Dak? Is that the
largest midbass (5.25") you can fit in there? Maybe if you like the sound
of the tweeters you can upgrade the midbasses and use your existing x-over.
I am running a 5 channel Soundstream, MB Quart 6.5" Separates in the front
and MB Quart 6.5" Coaxial in the rear. With this configuration I am able to
bring the sound stage to the front where it should be. (you don't go to a
concert with your back facing the stage) I also run a JL stealthbox for
the sub.