RE: Stock 318 Vacuum

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 09:06:12 EST

Thanks Bernd!
I never measured the vacuum before installing the M1. Idle on the M1 is the
same; actual reading was 16". Thought it would actually be lower. I know
off-idle vacuum is lower though. When I accelerate, my vacuum operated
accessories loose their "mind". I could install a larger vacuum can to
correct this, but it doesn't bother me (just my wife).

I do however want to build something to fool the PCM into thinking the
vacuum is higher off-idle than it is. The current low readings keep my
"check engine" light lit.

Hey, a super-charger would take care of this. Yeah, yeah, I can hear it
now. "Honey, I need to buy a super-charger for my truck to correct a vacuum
problem." Her reply would be, "You could just sell the truck. Then you
won't have a vacuum problem." Evil women!!!
Rich - Ashburn, VA