Question on Dynomax, and Headgaskets

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:56:00 EST

Does anyone know if Dynomax uses some kinda oil in their mufflers for
shipping??
When I picked up my truck, I drove it around.. grinned from ear to ear
(sounds bad ass'd)
But after I floored it a few more times, I noticed like a white/blue smoke
coming from the exhaust... (after I let up)
I've checked the belly pan, no oil, checked the drivers side plugs, look
normal... (looked like smoke was coming from that side the most, I have true
duals dont ferget)
I checked the anit-freeze and its green, no oil spots... still full...
FWIW, Its Dynomax Superturbo mufflers... ANYONE please tell me that yours
smoked when you got it... Mine seems to have slowed down...

Also... The Superturbos' are bad ass'd sounding... I can cruse around now,
and its quiet, press the gas slightly... you can hear the motor, floor it...
she sounds MEAN! I love them... Flowmaster was great.. but too dang loud...
=-)
Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
Chesapeake, VA
Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91