Dead In The Driveway

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 19:17:06 EST

As always, at 7:00 I picked up my remote starter this morning to let my Dak
warm up before I have to leave for work at 7:15. I usually press the button
and walk alway, listening for the Flowmaster to rumble. All I heard was
crank, crank, crank. I threw on some shoes and went out to hand start it.
Crank, crank, crank. Nothing at all. Well last Saturday night when I did my
Dak tune up I swapped out the Accel Super coil to try out the stock coil, as
Jon Smith suggested(not putting full blame on ya Jon, just partial!). I
opened up my truck's tool box and grabbed a Phillips screwdriver and the
Accel Super Coil(I keep it onboard as a spare). I took the stock coil off
and bolted on the Accel Coil. It fired right up. My truck has ran simply
awesome this entire week, so how could the coil be fine one day and provide
no spark the next? The stock coil did have 102,000 miles on it compared to
the 30,000 mile old Accel Super Coil. Oh well.......I am going to get
another coil, probably another Accel Super Coil for $40, to carry as a spare
in my truck's tool box incase this happens again.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6