RE: Stuck Cab Driver

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 10:57:09 EST

Great job! You make us proud!

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Dakota Dodge
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 7:50 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Stuck Cab Driver

I was headed to work this morning when i was about to get on the turnpike
when down on my left side was a yellow caprice cab driver, stuck down the
enbankment and nearly floating in a good foot of water. All im seeing is
water spraying out the back from him spinning his wheels trying to move
himself. (It has been raining all night and continued into the mornig make
driving here in CT horrible...) It was actually quite funny. So being the
guy i am. i pull over, throw on my strobe lights and hauled out my tow
strap. I put the DAK in 4-lo and began to creep down the muddy enbankment
towards him. I wasnt sure how deep the water would get but in order to
reach i was going to have to drive in some of it. So i continued on down,
and back up to him. After a few minutes of felling around under his flooded
car i found a frame mount and put the hook on. Now was the real DAK test.
Into first I chugged along till the strap was tight and I just put the RPS
up to 3000 and i began to walk up the muddy hill with cabbie behind me like
it was a cake walk. I have to say i was a bit sceptical about the whole
thing...I mean for 1) I was on a hill 2) it was muddy grass 3) he was in a
foot of water. Back on the road i unhooked the strap, told the cabbie to
take it easy, and was on my way to work again.

I LOVE MY DODGE DAKOTA. Just wanted to shout my excitement.