First 4x4 Trip In The New Dak, And Here's The Story (long)

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 21:43:56 EST

  Dateline, Azusa Cyn, Ca, 11-11-00, 1300 hrs. It was a blast!!! Slidin'
through the mud, rooster tails of sand, 4.7 singin' the rpm's, it was a
blast!! I brought along my buddy Shep with his Samarai for fun. Well, he
quickly found out that almost bald BFG Radial T/A's don't work good in
mud, even with 4wd. He found this spot that looked "ok" (his words, I
told him not to and I have the video to prove it!!) but as soon as he
hit it, he sunk like the Titanic. Oh well, Dak to the rescue!! Except
that he forgot his strap!! No prob, we'll use mine. We hook up and after
2 yanks, my little pos Chief Auto Parts strap snapped. Still had my Rob
special and his chain, but we were too short and I wasn't even going to
put my 4,700lb Dak where his 3,000lb Suzuki sunk!! Found another chain,
hooked it up and pulled him out like nuthin', him almost burnin' up his
clutch in the process and pullin' his hitch out a bit (sorry Shep :) )!!
Pics to come soon, and they're pretty funny!!

    I have a cool video when he was filming me while I was having fun in
the sand, rooster tails and all!! In 4-lo, it sounds like I got a S/C on
there!! Anyone know how to put it up somewhere so y'all can see?? And
when my buddy got stuck in the mud, from the moment when he left where I
was on he bank until we hooked the straps.

   Overall impression, I'm very impressed, even without limited slip,
and in 2wd, I crawled over anything that I pointed it at, had enough
power to get over anything, and when I did have to go into 4wd, it was
like nuthin' could stop me!! YAAAAAA HOOOOOOO, THIS WAS FUN!!!!!!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver LOADED!!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts