Trans Trouble PLEASE HELP Me!

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 17:29:14 EST

Hey guys,
As some of you may remember I had a helluva time getting my transmission pan
off the Dakota to begin with and now that it's all back together it's giving
me problems. Here's what it's doing. The symptoms are intermittent,
regardless of trans fluid temp, the transmission acts like it's got a
sticking valve in the valve body, only for the 3rd gear engagement, it will
pick up in RPM's then 3rd will engage normally, it's not slipping, it hits
3rd just as hard as ever, some times it will pause longer than others to
engage 3rd, it WILL NOT do this at a WOT upshift into third, and it doesn't
always do it. I'm thinking I somehow got some grit up into the valve body
when I did the trans service. Also I think the truck may need the govenor
pressure sensor switch that has a TSB out on it for causing weird shifts. It
did do the weird part throttle shift described in this TSB (that I can't
access right now) it did this before the trans service, I can't help but
think that maybe it's related. This eratic shift occurs during part throttle
upshifts from 1st to second, it will shift 2nd then 3rd then 2nd then 3rd and
bucks the truck shightly, it does that rather quickly then settles into 3rd
gear. I'll try and find that TSB when the DodgeRam page comes back online.
Any help would be appreciated.

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!