New 4.7L questions

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 18:33:47 EST

Both touchy subjects... this is what my dealer told me was recommended by
chrysler...

1) first 50 miles... take it easy... no speeding, keep the rpm's below
3k... then after 50 miles take it on the highway, put it in 4th and floor
it from 50 to 75, let off and let th truck compress brake it's way back
down to 50, repeat for a total of 5 times. after this take it easyish but
don't be afraid to drive it, basically for the first 500 do not keep the
rpm's overly high constantly and no constant speeds (no cruise)... then
like you stole it man...

2) i was told to wait the full first 3k miles... so at 3k miles i changed
the oil, and have been doing it ever since... so far so good, 16k on the
truck and the oil is still perfect... (5k on the synthetic right now, 2k of
that on this filter...)

Hope this helps...
Chris

>My CC 4.7L is on order. Yay!
>
>I've got a couple questions before it arrives. Thinking ahead and all that.
>
>1) Is there a "break-in" period? As in, do I need to take it easy and not
>exceed some speed for some number of miles?
>
>2) At how many miles should I do the first oil change?
>
>Thanks.

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm