RE: Coulmn Shift Indicator

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 20:17:46 EST

Hi Edwin,

I recently took my '98 to the dealership with the exact same problem. The
mechanic tried to adjust it the best he could, but it didn't make that much
of a difference. The reason I got from them was that the ignition
kill/truck alarm is preventing proper adjustment. My only choice (or so
they have led me to believe) is to remove the ignition kill. I've decided
to live with it the way it is, but it shouldn't stop the truck from passing
inspection. I'm hoping when the time comes, if it comes into question, that
the dealership explanation in writing will be enough... who knows? Good
luck.

TTYL
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd