hey blower boys

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 03:37:21 EST

okay all you sissies with blowers =) got this on the Indy Ram list. This may
be THE answer (pay attention Bernd.. hehehe)

read on...

>>>Hi Guys,

My truck just ATE another catalytic converter after 17,000 more miles. I'm
at 57,000 miles and I'm now on cat #3. I finally had had enough of the truck
doing this so I called the supercharger guy and inquired about an aux
fuel pump and FMU because the truck was starting to running so lean.

But before I ordered it I decided to talk to a man that I've become friends
with
who can do amazing things to Dodge Vipers.

 Without going into excruciating detail..... he hooked my truck up to his
laptop,
we drove it a few miles, and came back to his shop. He simply told me that
we
could fix it without a FMU or extra fuel pump and that I could adjust it at
will
from the drivers seat "on the fly".

Go to www.roeracingonline.com and look under products for a Viper Engine
Calibrator (VEC1). Take a look, I did and I'm glad - IT WORKS !!!

We installed a Viper Engine Calibrator and a custom Air fuel ratio meter
that
he
markets so I could watch it in real time and adjust it if needed. We made
the
adjustments and I put the head unit in my dash box because I don't need to
fool
with it unless I get out on the road for extended periods and I want to dial
in a little more fuel economy. It has GOBS of torque now too.

Bottom Line: I can can drive it normal or "hammer it" and there is not ANY
detonation, it doesn't run lean, the A/F ratio "hovers" in the 14.7/1 range
and the truck doesn't lay down at all.

I've got it set now so that it idles very smoothly, pulls like a freight
train,
and I dropped the hammer a few times while testing and it pulled straight
to 118, I let off when I realized how fast I was going, rolled back in to it
until 125, and decided that this was entirely too fast ....never a
hesitation,
no valve clatter, no lean condition. It's not cheap but....the truck like
new and I bet I won't plug another cat again.

It's a simple 4 wire hook up: 1 to a switched 12 volt source, 1 to ground,
and 2 to the map sensor.
The A/F meter uses 5 wires: 1 to a switched 12 volt source, 1 to gorund,
1 to a switch or headlight harness (to dim the display at night) and
2 wires to the upstream O2 sensor ( wires located in the right PCM
"A" harness plug).

Take a look, if you want to be able to adjust your ignition timing, adjust
the A/F ratio over the entire rpm range, or recalibrate and optimize
settings
for modified engines, intake or exhaust.

I'm Really Pleased !

Mark<<<

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s <--- down AGAIN!!!

"Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes
straight to the frame"