Re: Will's 500 RWHP Dak

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 12:57:21 EST

Take no ferd prisoners Will, distroy 'em!

GS -

<< Ok, I am currently in Jackson, MS right now getting a custom cumputer
 programmed for the new 408 we swapped in starting last week. We put my Dak
 on a trailer and towed it down to jackson with a friends 97 cc Dakota v-6
 automatic. Well starting today his truck is acting up. When he cranks it,
 it revs up above idle like normal, but then drops like a rock way way below
 idle and slowly smoothes back out at idle. The check engine light never
 comes on and no codes are recorded. We cleaned the IAC port and motor
along
 with the tb with Berryman's B-12. It was dirty that much anyway, but it
was
 something we could try. Oh yeah, my truck is currently on the dyno (I am
on
 the comp at the dyno shop) and so far we have gotten 498.3 hp at the rear
 wheels. We are currently running 7# boost so far and it isn't pinging on
 pump gas at all. We are going to try and dump in some racing gas and make
 another puter that is set up for it and hope we can get a few more ponies
at
 the rear. The trans temp is holding steady so far and it only starts to
warm
 up when it is stalled, but that is so be expected. Hopefully I will get to
 drive it home tonight. I wish I had a recorder with me so I could record
the
 way this thing sounds right now with Dual 40 series flowmasters!! TIA for
 the help with my friends truck.

 Will
 96 (No longer cylindrically Challenged!!!) Paxton huffed 408 Dakota!
 Look out Lightnings! Here comes a Mopar!!!!!