Re: Throttle body carbon build-up?

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 22:08:13 EST

Don't know if you have a auto or manual but this seems to be a problem with the
manual tranny. I cannot verify this since my dak is so new and is an auto. As
for the tb cleaning it's not the hard to do yourself. You will need a can of tb
cleaner and a brush and clean rags. Remove the tb, spray and lightly scrub (be
careful of any sensors) and wipe clean. You can do this on the intake side as
well. I have done this many times on the 318 dak but i'll admit never on the 4.7
(yet!!). I figure it shouldn't be any harder. Someone on the list who has done
it can probably help if needed. As for buildup.....calling professor
Bernd.......calling professor Bernd......

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+